SINGAPORE, 3 September 2018 – The Asian Healthcare Leadership Summit (AHLS) 2018 organised by the idsMED Group, is taking place from 21 to 22 September at Resort World Sentosa Singapore. The Summit is Asia’s premier thought leadership, experiential and networking healthcare event. This year, AHLS will cover various aspects to highlight the major areas of interest in healthcare today: including Digital Disruption for Better Healthcare, Shaping Public Healthcare for the Future, A New Era of Healthy Longevity, Holistic Wellness for Mind and Body, Embracing Better and Cheaper Healthcare, and Innovative Products and Services.
Keynote speakers include Mr. George Papandreou, Former Prime Minister of Greece & President, Socialist International, whom will be providing a global perspective on healthcare, its main challenges and possible solutions from the public and private sector to ensure overall societal wellness for a sustainable future. Mr. Jerry Liao, Founder & CEO of WeDoctor Group China will share his story on the founding of WeDoctor, a technology-enabled leading healthcare solutions platform in China. Dr. Peter Piot, Director of London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine will discuss on the ever-present risk of a global epidemic in our increasingly interconnected world, and the importance of prevention and preparedness for future health threats. Dr. Victor Fung, Group Chairman of the Fung Group would be discussing healthcare perspectives in the global economy.
Mr. Ben Chang, Group CEO and Founding Partner of idsMED Group says, "The Summit is now in its third edition, and this year we are joined by some 20 globally acclaimed speakers whom will be presenting on a broad range of healthcare topics. With the tremendous success of our previous events, we hope that this platform will continue to benefit our participants with the sharing of experience, research and wisdom from the best minds of the healthcare Industry. We believe that this continual educational exchange will further advance the quality of healthcare and greater prepare us for the future.”
AHLS 2018 is an industry platform that engages leading medical practitioners, policy makers, business leaders, entrepreneurs, academia and thought leaders from across the globe. More than 500 worldwide participants are expected from the industry. A diverse group of internationally acclaimed speakers as well as successful entrepreneurs will convene at AHLS 2018 to exchange perspectives, insights and innovative medical products and services on the topic of “Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Disruption in Healthcare”.
In addition to the speakers programme, AHLS 2018 will have a dedicated Entrepreneurship and Innovation session which will feature an eclectic mix of entrepreneurs and their disruptive products and services. A total of 12 entrepreneurs from around the world are invited to represent innovations to address crucial challenges facing the healthcare industry. They will be part of 4 tracks on Day 1 of the Summit on 21 September, which focuses on Technological Advancement for Medical Insights,
The theme of healthcare innovation and entrepreneurship in changing times is set against the backdrop of an increasingly digitised world. More and more, healthcare practitioners are seeking knowledge of how to employ technology to responsibly create long-term value for both the industry and the well-being of community. There is increasing interest on the future of healthcare – relating to digitisation such as Artificial Intelligence, Block Chain Disruption, Robotics in Healthcare, China’s Digital Transformation, Smart Housing for the Elderly, Technology Applications and Solutions, and Customised Solutions serving large scale problems.
Previously known as the “Fung Healthcare Leadership Summit”, AHLS 2018 is organised by IDS Medical Systems Group (idsMED). The initial Summits of 2015 and 2016 organised by idsMED and solely sponsored by the Fung Foundation, received tremendous success and profound recognition from the wide array of global speakers and participants.
For interested participants, registration fee is at USD800 and available online. Please visit www.ahlsummit.com
for more information.
Leanne Tchea | Sharmaine Lau
Tel: 6259 3193/ 6253 3193
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout the IDS Medical Systems Group
The IDS Medical Systems Group ("idsMED Group") is a leading medical supply chain solutions company in Asia. It has an extensive Asia Pacific distribution network with access to over 10,000 healthcare institutions and represents over 200 global medical brands in equipment and medical consumables. These include GE Healthcare, Philips, Maquet, Trumpf, Hill-Rom, Hamilton, Biosensors, Biotronik, Smiths Medical, Teleflex, Ansell and others. idsMED has a workforce of 1,600 employees including 700 highly experienced field sales, product and clinical specialists and 300 professional bio-medical engineers providing installation and maintenance services. The idsMED Group is a member of Fung Investments.
For more information, visit www.idsmed.com
About the Asian Healthcare Leadership Summit 2018
AHLS 2018 is an industry platform that engages leading medical practitioners, policy makers, business leaders, entrepreneurs, academia and thought leaders from across the globe. The Summit aims to benefit participants through a continual educational exchange with the sharing of experience, research and wisdom from the best minds of the Healthcare Industry, further advancing the quality of healthcare and better preparing for the future.
AHLS 2018 is sponsored by its Diamond Sponsor - Victor and William Fung Foundation, Gold Sponsor - WeDoctor, as well as Silver Sponsors - International Finance Corporation, OCBC Bank and Mitsubishi Corporation. The Summit’s Knowledge Partner INK, which stands for Innovation and Knowledge, is a platform for innovation committed to sharing inspiring stories and disruptive thinking at the intersection of science, technology, commerce, culture and community. For more information, visit www.inktalks.com
Speakers at the Summit
- MR. GEORGE PAPANDREOU, Former Prime Minister of Greece & President, Socialist International
- MR. JERRY LIAO, Founder & CEO, WeDoctor Group China
- DR. PETER PIOT, Director of London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- DR VICTOR FUNG, Group Chairman, Fung Group
- MR. BEN CHANG, Group CEO and Founding Partner, idsMED Group
- MS. LAKSHMI PRATURY, CEO & Founder, INK
- DR. ASHISH JHA, Director, Harvard Global Health Institute
- MS. ROBYN O’BRIEN, Founder, AllergyKids
- DR. ROBERT GREEN, Director, Genomes2People, Professor, Brigham and Women’s Hospital & Harvard Medical School
- DR. MAO SHING NI, Co-Founder & Professor, Yo San University
- DR. SUHAS KSHIRSAGAR, Founder & Director, Ayurvedic Healing Inc.
- MR. MARC KOSKA, President, ApiJect
- MR. COLIN MILNER, CEO, International Council on Active Aging
- MS. MEENA GANESH, Co-Founder, MD & CEO, Portea Medical
- DR. CATHERINE MOHR, Vice President, Intuitive Surgical
- MR. JOHN PETROVICH, President & CEO, Alfred Mann Foundation
- MR. SUNNY SINGH, Founder, Roundglass
- MS. SUSAN PINKER, Psychologist & Author
- MR. KEVIN CALDWELL, Co-Founder & CEO, Ossium Health
- DR. SOMSAK CHUNHARAS, Former Deputy Minister of Health for Thailand, President, National Health Foundation Thailand
- PROF. DR. LAKSONO TRISNANTORO, Professor, Universitas Gadjah Mada Indonesia
- MR. NAVI RADJOU, Fellow, Judge Business School University of Cambridge
- PROF. HAN DEMIN, Chairman, China International Exchange & Promotive Association for Medical and Healthcare
Entrepreneurs at the Summit
- MR. CHANDRASEKHAR K, Founder & CEO, Forus Health
- MR. ALEXANDER TSIARAS, Founder & CEO, StoryMD
- MR. SIDHANT JENA, Co-Founder & CEO, Jana Care
- MR. VIKRAM VUPPALA, Founder & CEO, Nephroplus
- MR. AYMAN SALEM, Founder & CEO, ikioo® Technologies
- DR. THILO HOELSCHER, Co-Founder, CEO & CMO, BURL Concepts
- DR. WEI ZHOU, Founder, President & CEO, Centrillion Technologies
- MR. PAVAN KUMAR, Co-Founder & CTO, Cocoon Cam
- MS. ALEXANDRA EAVIS, CEO, Dovetail Lab
- MR. KAAKPEMA YELPAALA, Founder & CEO, access.mobile
- MS. ROSLINE KOO, Founder & CEO, CXA Group
- MR. NITESH JANGIR, Co-Founder, Coeo Labs